Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake
is one of the recipes that has been provided by
Shirley Cline from San Fransisco. (You can contact
Shirley by emailing her - click here). Shirley had this
"Have had this recipe in my files for a long time.
Haven't tried it so I cannot critique it but
I thought it looked wonderful".
3/4 c Gingersnap
3/4 c Graham cracker crumbs
1/4 c Powdered surgar
1/4 c Melted unsalted butter
2 pk 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c Granulated sugar
1 cn (1 pound) pumpkin
1/2 ts Ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 cup Kahlua
- In a bowl, combine gingersnap and graham cracker crumbs
with powdered sugar and butter. Toss to combine.
- Spread evenly onto bottom of 8-inch springform pan.
- Bake at 350° for five minutes. Cool.
- In mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually
add granulated sugar and beat until light.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well mixed after
- Transfer 1 cup of the mixture to a seperate bowl and
blend in pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg
and Kahlua. Pour half of the pumpkin mixture
into the prepared crust.
- Top with half of the cream cheese mixture.
- Repeat layers using remaining pumpkin and cream cheese
- Using a table knife, cut through layers with uplifting
motion in four to five places to create marbled
- Place on baking sheet and bake at 350° for 45 minutes.
- Without opening oven door, let cake stand in turned
off oven for one hour.
- Remove from oven and cool, then chill. Remove from pan.