|This recipe comes
from a new discussion group at www.egroups.com called FavoriteRecipeExchange@egroups.com
and was posted by Suzanne. This is what Suzanne
had to say:
"I am a preschool teacher in the Atlanta area. Single, no kids
of my own unless you count the cat :) I love
to cook and especially bake. I have many cookbooks,
and look forward to sharing some of the tried
and true recipes in them with you. But the ones
I always seem to go back to are the ones in
the family recipe box. I thought I would share
this one with you.
1 (1 lb) box light brown sugar
3/4 c water
1/4 c butter or margarine
1 tsp vanilla
1 c pecans, chopped
1 pie shell, unbaked
- Beat eggs in a small bowl until frothy. Set aside.
- Combine sugar and water over medium heat and stir until the sugar
has dissolved. Bring mixture to a full boil.
Boil for 3 minutes.
- Add a little of the sugar syrup to the eggs and then slowly add the
eggs to the rest of the sugar syrup, stirring
- Whisk in butter and vanilla until butter has dissolved.
- Bake in an unbaked pie crust in a preheated 350° oven for 45