1) Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
2) Heat oil in a large sauté pan until
3) Add shrimp one by one and cook for 1 minute
on each side.
4) Remove, drain on paper towels, and keep warm.
1) Saute onions in oil.
2) Add the rice, then the stock, (stirring well
so the rice is well-coated in liquid).
3) Bring to a simmer.
4) Stir in raisins and salt.
5) Cover tightly and put in 325º oven for
6) Remove lid, and stir in butter. Adjust seasonings
7) Keep warm.
1) Add all the ingredients in a large pot.
2) Bring to a boil and reduce heat and simmer
for 20 minutes.
3) Take off heat, and strain through a fine
strainer and transfer to a clean pot.
4) Reduce the stock to 3/4 quart.
5) Add the raisins and plump in the hot stock.
6) When plump, strain the raisins out and add
7) Continue to reduce the stock until about
1/4 cup remains.
8) Whisk in the heavy cream and yogurt, and
reduce to sauce consistency.
1) Place rice in center of plate.
2) Spoon the sauce around and arrange the shrimp
over the rice.