is one of the recipes that has been provided by
Shirley Cline from San Fransisco. Shirley had
this to say:
had these in New Orleans the last time I was
there. Sure gooooooood".
medium bananas, peeled and coarsely chopped
1 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp. salt
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk (about)
3 cups vegetable oil
- Combine the bananas, flour, egg, salt, and
baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Add enough milk to make a batter the consistency
of a thick pancake batter.
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pot or deep
fryer to 360º.
- Drop the batter by spoonfuls into the hot
oil and fry until the fritters pop up in the
oil and are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with
confectioners sugar and cinnamon.